Music City Raceway
UPDATE: Potential Saturday Program for 4/20 Cancelled Due to ongoing rain and colder temperatures.NOTE: TO RACERS AND WEEKEND OF 4/19 & 4/20:Thank you for the Pre-Pay Entries on-line and at the Front Gate.The forecast is not cooperating at all and Friday is out and at this time a high percentage on Saturday also. Sunday was not a viable option for racers and families and we knew that from the beginning with the “two races on Saturday” as noted on the flyer.We have received significant and very helpful feedback from racers and appreciate the input. We waited just like you - looked at the weather . . . and have decided to cancel this weekend’s Pre-Pay $5K event.Various configurations were discussed . . . but again Mother Nature and the weather is too “iffy” and we want to have a good event and not get into personal and family time - or undo stress for those that are traveling and making a significant time commitment.We will honor all those entries in the way that best fit your needs. The next time you come to the track the list is at the front gate, let us know and we will honor entries by:1) applying to next weekend’s $5K race 4/27 or the $5K race that is three weeks out 5/11,2) applying to the September Pre-Pay $5K,3) applying to any of our Saturday NHRA program events,4) applying credit for Jr Dragster and spectator entries to any future events,5) your credit will be available at the front gate the next time you come in - and you will not lose your Pre-Pay entries.Thank you again for the great on-line and advance purchase participation. Will keep you posted on changes and updates on-line and on our website at www.musicccityraceway.com.Please note that late on Friday we will re-evaluate the possibility of running a regular NHRA program Saturday afternoon and evening - again weather permitting (as it changes) and will keep you posted.Hope this helps with your planning purposes and appreciate you racing with us. Please share and post with others.Have a great weekend!Sincerely,Rick, Charlotte, Dallas and AlfredaMusic City Raceway
- Tuesday 4/23 - Street Legal Trophy, Q8 & Qualifying, Super Street, Street Bikes & Co-Pilots. Gates Open at 6 pm for tech-in & time trials with elim's at 8 pm. $11 spectator admission 12 & under FREE with adult.
- Friday 4/26 - Fun Racing, 100% GAMBLERS, Open Street Legal Bracket Qualifying. Gates Open at 6 pm for tech-in & time trials with elim's at 8 pm. $11 spectator admission 12 & under FREE with adult.
- Saturday 4/27 - $5,000 to Win S/Pro GUARANTEED - also full Program, Points and Payout for Pro, Sportsman, Trophy and Jrs. $11 spectator admission 12 & under FREE with adult. Gates Open at noon for tech-in & time trials with elim's at 3 pm.
- Tuesday 4/30 - Street Legal Trophy, Q8 & Qualifying, Super Street & Street Bikes. Gates Open at 6 pm for tech-in & time trials with elim's at 8 pm. $11 spectator admission 12 & under FREE with adult.
- Friday 5/3 - Fun Racing, 100% DOUBLE GAMBLERS, Open Street Legal Bracket Qualifying. Gates Open at 6 pm for tech-in & time trials with elim's at 8 pm. $11 spectator admission 12 & under FREE with adult.
Full NHRA Racing Program includes Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, Street Legal Trophy & Jr. Dragsters. Super Gas, 6.0 Heads Up & Pro Bikes on select nights as noted. Tuesday program includes Street Legal Trophy, Super Street, Q8 & Qualifying, Bikes & 4-Wheelers & Select Co-Pilot Nights. Fridays include Fun Racing, Gamblers & Open Street Legal Bracket Qualifying.
Directions to Music City Raceway (use your navigator or) From Nashville, take I-65 north to the Long Hollow Pike exit (#97) and turn left. Turn right at Dickerson Rd. and go 1 mile just past the campground and turn left (at lights) onto Old Springfield Rd. Go approx. 4 miles staying on the left side (the road splits at the stop sign stay left). Turn a sharp right at the top of a steep hill onto Union Hill/Greer Rd (just before the gas station/convenience store). Go approx. 1 1/2 miles & turn left onto Ivy Point Road (just before the church). The racetrack is on the right 1/2 mile.
Celebrating 61 Years of Drag Racing . . . established in 1958 and initially known as Union Hill Raceway or "The Hill" for the first 25 years, Music City Raceway is now in its 61st year of operation and is the longest running drag racing facility in NHRA Division 2. We welcome you to visit us and race with us. Our racing season starts with time trials and test & tune in February and runs "March through November" with a number of racing events throughout the week.
Thank you for visiting our site and we look forward to seeing you at the races!
Rick and Charlotte Gonzalez and Dallas and Alfreda Jones